Standard vs. Custom
Standard Spec vs. Custom Spec PCB's: What’s the Difference?
Whether you have a need for a double sided or a multi layer pcb, Advanced Circuits is your one stop printed circuit board provider. Deciding whether you need to order your printed circuit board as a Standard Spec or as a Custom Spec board is simply a matter of looking at the specs. Standard Spec boards (PCBS)are inspected to IPC Class 2 Standards and Custom Spec Boards are inspected to either IPC Class 2 or Class 3 depending on what option is chosen.
PCB Assembly Quality
Quantity doesn’t matter. We will make as few as one pcb as either a Standard Spec or Custom Spec order. No order is too small for us!
Quality is the same. All Standard Spec and Custom orders go through the same rigorous fabrication and quality check process.
Turnaround time is the same. We can produce your Custom Spec order, including multi-layer PCBs just as quickly as our Standard Specs orders even creating them in one day if needed.
Standard Specs for Printed Circuit Boards include:
- All holes plated through (PTH) for all hole sizes in the drill program
- Non-plated slots and cutouts (plated available on Custom Spec orders)
- Green soldermask
- FR4 (regular)
- White legend (silkscreen)
- 1 oz. Cu. Inner layers/Up to 2 oz. Cu. Wt. on outer layers
- Overall thickness .031" .062", .093", or .125"
- Trace/Space to 5/5 mils
- Gold fingers
- Lead-Free HAL Solder plating finish
- Rout Tolerance +/- 0.010”
- Hole Tolerance +/- 0.005”
- Minimum Hole Size .010"
- Fiducials and/or Tooling Holes
Custom Specs for PCB's include:
- Plated or Non-plated holes (if no specifications provided holes will be plated)
- Non-plated or plated slots/edges and cutout's
- Various laminates including high temp (tg) FR4, Rogers, Polyimide, and Aluminum Clad
- Full range of finished board thicknesses
- Different soldermask colors (default green)
- Different silkscreen (legend) colors (default white)
- Trace/Space down to 4/4 mils
- UL Markings (Also 94V-O upon request)
- Lead-Free logo markings on boards (upon request)
- Controlled Dielectric and/or Controlled Impedance
- Inner layer Cu. Wt. ½ oz. – 3 oz.
- Fiducials and/or Tooling Holes (no additional charge if requested)
- Hole Tolerance +/- 0.003” (if requested)
- Rout Tolerance +/- 0.010" (+/- .005" upon request)
- Electrolytic Hard Gold plating finish (total board or gold fingers only) and other plating finishes to include ENIG, Soft Bondable Gold, Nickel, Immersion Silver, and OSP. Also HAL available in both leaded and lead-free solder finishes
- We never charge Tooling NRE on Standard PCB Prototyping Spec orders. In addition, when you re-order your Standard Spec with no changes and go to Custom Spec we waive the tooling charge again.
- You pay Electrical Test charges only once. If you pay as a Standard Spec you don’t pay again… even for a fixture when going to Custom Spec.
- A complete listing of CAPABILITIES is available on our website at www.4pcb.com.
Standard Spec Custom Spec… WE MAKE IT AN EASY & LOW COST CHOICE AT ADVANCED CIRCUITS!