SMT, or surface mount technology, is essential for most of today’s printed circuit boards (PCBs). Almost every higher-end device enjoys the benefits of using surface mount technology, which include:
- Offering many more capabilities – The weight of a PCB that uses surface-mount technology, instead of labor-intensive and error-prone drilling and soldering means that the capabilities are improved. The era of shrinking devices means that the capability to create PCBs smaller and lighter than ever is a major advantage.
- Saving time and money – The time and complexity of drilling is eliminated when surface mounting can be used instead.
- Using automation – It makes sense to leverage the ability to mass-produce PCBs that retain performance and quality, and surface mount technology is one sure-fire way to do so.
Not all manufacturers have the ability to offer their clients surface mount technology in their design, manufacturing and assembly processes. However, Advanced Circuits has made certain that buyers can utilize our long list of free resources and amazing tools to put surface mount technology to the greatest use possible.
As a leading name in prototyping and PCB production, we provide buyers with a diversity of resources for all SMT production. We have SMT Solder Paste Stencils available as part of a NEW complete prototyping stencil kit for those who want to do one-off or “by hand” SMT manufacturing and design. Yet, we also have our remarkably advanced design tools that allow for integration of SMT designs.
Surface Mount Technology-Friendly Resources Enable Production
To begin, when a client uses existing Gerber-file designs, or other PCB design programs, the outcome of the production is never left “up in the air” as it might be when a “no-touch” approach is used. This is a serious problem with outsourced or brokered designs in which the schematics are taken and run. Instead, any orders received undergo a mandatory engineering file review before the fabrication process is started. This identifies unusual or even typical glitches in the designs and ensures that a client’s time and money will never be wasted by design flaws or manufacturing flaws or avoidable errors. This also ensures production schedules remain on track.
Other Advanced Circuits surface mount technology-friendly tools include the following free resources:
PCB Artist – Customers of all skill levels appreciate the 100% free access we provide to this innovative PCB design software. Provided as an unrestricted copy of the software, it is capable of up to 28 layers and includes more than 500k parts, a controlled auto-router function, multi-page schematics, and surface mount technology features. Easy to use and 100% free, it is also noted throughout the industry as the very best PCB design tool.
FreeDFM– This software enables clients to run a free and fast design assessment. It works easily and simply and ensures files feature all essential data, automatically corrects some issues, and provides an easy to read and use report. Whether a design features surface mount technology or relies on drilling, it will be as error and glitch-free as possible after running through this feature. Using it also comes with a discount on the work if the designs are submitted through the software. This software converts to Gerber format, takes only minutes, and issues a quote, discount code and link to the PDF of the results.
We proudly make all of our standard and traditional client services readily available to custom clients, too. That means any SMT order will also get that CAM engineer review that ensures that a design of even great complexity will be evaluated and adjusted.
And while this alone is enough for most clients to feel confident and comfortable with an order through Advanced Circuits, there are other services and benefits to partnering with us for PCBs with or without SMT technology. They include:
- Not a broker – We never sub out our work but instead count on our top of the line, 62k square foot facility and team that guarantee the kinds of quality and speed most want but cannot always receive.
- No minimum orders – There are no minimum lot requirements, meaning that clients are not forced to invest in huge orders with more PCBs than might be needed. Prototyping is an option – even with SMT features.
- 24-hour support – Customer service around the clock: this features live tech support that allows design teams to speak directly with a CAM engineer at any hour of the day or night.
- No tooling charges – When an order features Standard Specifications, we are glad to waive tooling charges and always cancel such fees on reorders of Standard Spec as Custom Spec items.
- Best shipping record – Advanced Circuits has the BEST ON-TIME SHIPPING RECORD in the industry, and is now shipping 50% of orders early! In fact, we say we “put our money where our mouth is . . . and we ship Standard Spec orders on time or they’re FREE!”
We also point out our decades of stability as a wise reason to work with us. After all, with more than 25 years in the field, and a tremendously healthy bottom line, we are among the most stable providers. We have a vast and fully-capable plant offering design, production, assembly and shipping services, and we emphasize efficiency at all levels.
As a client, you also enjoy the use of a personalized client page. Here you can look through past orders, see the specs and details, look at quotes from other jobs, and even review hold notices, test certifications, and a long list of other helpful reports.
One-Offs or Thousands of PCBs: Advanced Circuits Delivers Unrivaled Quality
The use of such a streamlined process as surface mount technology should never come with punitive pricing and complex or risky production requirements. Clients should be able to send in designs and have them expertly reviewed and corrected, rather than crossing their fingers with a “no-touch” approach to manufacturing. Advanced Circuits takes prototypes and one-offs as seriously as we do batches of thousands of PCBs. Clients can feel confident that basic to complex jobs will be done quickly, efficiently and as fully-supported as needed.