As the end of 2014 approaches, electronics professionals start to take a look at what 2015 will bring in terms of new consumer trends and areas of focus in the industry. Printed circuit board technology is allowing product designers and engineers to introduce new computers, smartphones and wearables that have greater performance levels than ever before. Based on sales numbers this year and the growing buzz around consumer electronics that are in the pipeline, forecasters expect varied levels of success for the industry in the year ahead. According to TrendForce and as reported by Printed Circuit Design & Fab Online Magazine, notebook computer shipments will grow 0.6% in 2015 while table shipments will decline 3.5%. This may be due to a number of factors, including:
- Organizations in the market to update workplace computers and laptops
- Updated software and features for notebooks offer something new for consumers
- “Phablets” pushing for more market share
- Notebook prices are lower, creating more direct competition
Opportunities for Printed Circuit Board Designers
The benefit of looking ahead at emerging market trends is that a printed circuit board designer can anticipate consumer demand for certain products and features. This way, organizations can incorporate the information into their research and development processes to ensure that they remain on the forefront of the industry. Whether it is with smartwatches, smartphones or notebooks, understanding the technological capabilities in front of you and taking steps to deliver for your consumers help ensure your continued growth moving forward. To learn more about the latest developments in printed circuit boards, contact an expert at Advanced Circuits today.
- Drysdale, Chelsey, “Report: Tablet Shipments to Decline 3.5% in 2015,” Printed Circuit Design & Fab Online Magazine, 1 December 2014, Web, 10 December 2014.