One of the most important obstacles that you are faced with when designing your printed circuit boards is finding an adequate power source. This will obviously differ depending on the application, whether it is in medical equipment, automobiles or consumer electronics. As countries around the world continue to work to become more environmentally friendly, new technologies are being developed to achieve this goal. In addition to standard and rechargeable batteries, various types of energy are powering devices.
• Sunlight – Solar panels and chargers harvest sunlight to power energy stores and provide homes and phones alike with the juice they need.
• Movement – Automatic watches have been harnessing the power of movement for years. As we move into the future, phones and even buildings will be able to convert human energy into electricity.
• Body Heat – Wearable devices are in development that can take body heat from an individual and convert it to energy. These will then power electronics and other equipment for first responders and in emergency situations.
How Power Affects Printed Circuit Board Designs
With product designers building smaller devices for the masses, engineers must get creative when it comes to choosing a power source and other components for their printed circuit boards. In addition to needing a large enough capacity to support battery life, it is also necessary to have a sustainable energy source that will lessen environmental impact and improve end user experience. You can learn more about the ways PCBs are incorporating new methods of energy harvesting and get started on your next circuit board order by contacting an Advanced Circuits representative today.
- HDI PCB Capabilities from Advanced Circuits
- Circuit Board Discounts & Sponsorship Program For Students
- Printed Circuit Board Design Tips To Help Reduce Costs
- PCB Artist: PCB Design Software Backed By Industry Leading PCB Manufacturer
- PCB Board Fabrication & Assembly Under One Roof For A Better Prototyping Process